The College of Science is comprised of three academic units -- the Division of Science and Environmental Policy, the School of Computing and Design, and the Mathematics & Statistics Department. Within these academic units, students' learning experiences are organized thematically and topically with an emphasis on finding workable solutions to important local, regional, national, and global problems. Through their studies, students gain the knowledge and practical skills necessary to adapt and succeed while making useful contributions in a rapidly changing world.
The mission of the College of Science is to empower the CSUMB learning community by providing:
- a broad-based, integrated approach to the study of science, technology, and mathematics
- the application of technology in the solution of a variety of problems in the sciences, mathematics, digital design and computing
- a framework for making informed and ethical choices in the information age
- Biology B.S.
- Environmental Science, Technology & Policy B.S.
- Marine Science B.S.
- Environmental Studies B.A.
- Environmental Studies Minor
- Environmental Health Policy Minor [in conjunction with the Health, Human Services, and Public Policy Department]
- Marine Science M.S. (administered through Moss Landing Marine Laboratories and CSUMB)
- Applied Marine and Watershed Science M.S.
- Mathematics B.S.
- Mathematics Minor
- Statistics Minor
- Computer Science and Information Technology B.S.
- Communication Design B.S.
- Communication Design Minor
- Computer Science and Information Systems Minor
- Certificate in System Administration
- Instructional Science and Technology M.S.
- Management and Information Technology M.S.[in conjunction with the College of Business]
Help us improve csumb.edu
Thanks for helping us improve csumb.edu Spot a broken link, typo, or didn't find something where you expected to? Let us know. We'll use your feedback to improve this page, and the site overall.