The College of Science is comprised of five academic units — the Department of Applied Environmental Science, the Department of Biology & Chemistry, the Department of Marine Science, the Department of Mathematics & Statistics, and the School of Computing & Design. Within these academic units, students' learning experiences are organized thematically and topically with an emphasis on finding workable solutions to important local, regional, national, and global problems. Through their studies, students gain the knowledge and practical skills necessary to adapt and succeed while making useful contributions in a rapidly changing world.
Academic Mission Statement
The mission of the College of Science is to empower the CSUMB learning community by providing:
- a broad-based, integrated approach to the study of science, technology, and mathematics
- the application of technology in the solution of a variety of problems in the sciences, mathematics, digital design and computing
- a framework for making informed and ethical choices in the information age
- Environmental Science, Technology & Policy B.S.
- Environmental Studies B.A.
- Environmental Science M.S.
- Biology B.S.
- Marine Science B.S.
- Marine Science M.S. (administered through Moss Landing Marine Laboratories and CSUMB)
- Mathematics B.S.
- Statistics B.S.
- Computer Science and Information Technology B.S.
- Communication Design B.S.
- Instructional Science and Technology M.S.
- Management and Information Technology M.S. [in conjunction with the College of Business]