Friday, May 18th and Saturday, May 19th, 2018
- Friday, May 18th 3PM: College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences - photos
- Saturday, May 19th 10AM: College of Business and College of Health Sciences and Human Services - photos
- Saturday, May 19th 3PM: College of Education and College of Science
- Friday Ceremony: Dr. Amalia Mesa-Bains
- Saturday AM Ceremony: Ms. Teresa Matsui
- Saturday PM Ceremony: Dr. Sara McClellan
Press coverage and photos
- PHOTOS: Saturday morning ceremony featuring the College of Business and College of Health Sciences and Human Services.
- HERALD: "CSUMB graduates largest class yet"
- KION: "CSU system working to graduate more students in 4 years"
- PHOTOS: Friday ceremony featuring the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
- PHOTOS: Psychology Department graduates
- KSBW: "CSU Monterey Bay celebrates its largest graduation class in history" (Lauren Day Kent featured)
- KION: "CSUMB is celebrating largest graduating class, despite state funding cuts" (President Eduardo M. Ochoa featured)
- CSUMB NEWS: "CSUMB Celebrates 22nd Commencement"
By the numbers
There are 2,321 candidates for graduation this year during three ceremonies over two days. Here's all the statistics about our 2018 Commencement.
CSU Monterey Bay is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable commencement ceremony. This event provides an opportunity for family members to honor graduates as they receive their degrees. Students may request up to six (6) complimentary tickets for the ceremony. This is for Fall 17, Spring 18 and Summer 18 graduates. Tickets will be available at Gradfest, if you did not attend GradFest you must pick up your tickets at the Campus Service Center between April 17-27th.
As the university’s graduating classes have grown since CSU Monterey Bay’s founding, crowds in Freeman Stadium have also grown. Obviously, the stadium’s safe capacity must not be exceeded. A free commencement ticketing plan is in place. By order of the State Fire Marshal and for safety purposes, all attendees age 2 or older are required to have a ticket to attend commencement. The process will be fair and equitable while still maintaining the safety of this event and enabling maximum attendance for family members.
Any student who has tickets he or she does not need may share them with another participating student using the Commencement Facebook page. Students can also return unneeded tickets to the Campus Service Center. The sale of commencement tickets is expressly prohibited by the Student Conduct Code. Please make sure if you receive tickets from another student that they are the same color as your tickets. You can only use gold tickets in the morning and blue in the afternoon.
If you or your guests require special accommodations for disabilities, please go the Campus Service Center to exchange your General Admission Ticket for an ADA ticket. For more information please visit the Disability Accommodations web information and/or contact Student Disability Resources
Each graduating student is provided two parking permits with your 6 admission tickets. These parking permits are the only permits valid for commencement parking areas. All other CSUMB parking permits are not valid for commencement parking areas on Commencement Day.
Carpooling is encouraged.
Enter the campus on General Jim Moore Blvd. at Lightfighter Dr. and follow the signed route to Commencement Parking. Staff will be on site to direct traffic to appropriate parking areas.
Alternate viewing areas will be available at the World Theater. This venue offers indoor viewing on the big screen. No tickets are required at off-site viewing locations. The ceremony will also be broadcast on campus cable channel 72 and via the Internet at youtube.com/csumb
To purchase a Commencement DVD: https://donate.csumb.edu/commencement-dvd
Students and employees are still needed to volunteer/work at commencement. Please email Christina Rocchi, email@example.com, to volunteer/work the event.
"Like" the Cal State Monterey Bay Commencement page on Facebook. Use the hashtag #MBgrad18 on social media.