Students graduating with academic honors will be recognized at Commencement. Awarded to students achieving an overall grade-point average of 3.5 and higher, academic honors are based on completion of at least three semesters in residence at CSUMB. Second Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree candidates are not eligible for Academic Honors.
Honors cords can be picked up at GradFest.
To find out if you are receiving academic honors:
- Go to MyCSUMB
- Under the Student Services and Financial Aid menu, go to Student Record Information
- Click on view academic transcript.
- Click on display transcript and scroll down to Transcript Totals.
If your overall GPA is 3.5 or higher and you meet the criteria above — as of Fall 2022 — you are graduating with honors.
Academic honors shall be awarded based on the student's cumulative grade point average. The designations shall be as follows:
- Summa Cum Laude 3.90 or greater
- Magna Cum Laude 3.75 to 3.89
- Cum Laude 3.50 to 3.74
Academic Honors are not awarded to students earning a second baccalaureate degree nor to graduate or credential-seeking students.
If you have any questions about Academic Honors, please contact the Provost Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.