The CSUMB Emergency Fund, awarded through the Basic Needs Initiative, seeks to provide immediate financial assistance for students who may encounter temporary financial hardship due to unforeseen and catastrophic life events. All efforts are being made to distribute funds as quickly as possible but the process could take up to 3-4 weeks.
All donations received to the emergency fund provides CSUMB students with financial help that can provide peace of mind and aid in their academic success.
Any amount can quickly add to fulfill student requests, which are increasing at a higher rate due to the ramifications of COVID-19. Your support will provide critical resources to students so they can make rent payments on time, cover medical costs if ill, and have the technology resources they need to attend online classes.
Please consider a gift to the Basic Needs Emergency Fund, which provides assistance and relief to our most vulnerable students.
Examples of unforeseen urgent and catastrophic events:
- Severe illness, accident and/or hospitalization
- Housing displacement and/or loss/lack of permanent residence
- Loss of income due to loss of primary financial support person or loss of employment
- Be a currently enrolled CSUMB student
- Be able to demonstrate an urgent financial need with supporting documentation
- Must have exhausted all sources of financial aid, which includes grants and student loans
- Students are only eligible for these funds once per semester