What to expect on your first day in Otter Territory.
CSUMB is "a rapidly expanding campus with many opportunities."— - Glassdoor review
New Employee Welcome
Your appointment letter and welcome email will have specified a time for you to report to University Personnel (Tide Hall, Bldg 23) to meet with a UP representative as your first order of business. During your New Employee Welcome, UP will officially welcome you to CSUMB by giving you an overview of the campus, sharing important information, and processing your New Employee Sign-In Packet and I-9 Employment Eligibility.
Report to your department
Once you have completed your paperwork at University Personnel, you will report to your department where you will be introduced to your new team members and have an office tour.
You should be able to meet with your supervisor to review and discuss:
- the department's organizational structure
- your duties and responsibilities, obtaining job aids to assist with specific tasks
- goals and priorities for the first quarter
- your work schedule including lunch and breaks
- your required training
- time reporting and leave request procedures
- your building access
Get your CSUMB username
When time allows in your first few days, you can go to the Campus Service Center (CSC), where you will:
- Find your CSUMB username by using the CSUMB Identification System or by calling the IT Help Desk. Your CSUMB username is your campus-wide log in for most CSUMB systems.
- Once you have your CSUMB username, request a CSUMB Otter ID card and have your picture taken at the Campus Service Center.
Benefits orientation information
If you have a benefit-eligible appointment, you will receive a separate email from a Benefits Representative regarding the In-Person and Online Benefits Orientation options to learn about CSU’s benefit plans. You will have 60-days from your hire date to fill out and return the enrollment forms found in your benefits packet or online from the UP webpage.