September 20, 2021 to October 15, 2021
The Open Enrollment period for calendar year 2022 will begin on September 20, 2021, and end on October 15, 2021. Any changes made during Open Enrollment will go into effect January 1, 2022.
If you are NOT making any changes to your benefits, NO other action is required on your part.
However, please review the 2022 Health Rates Comparison Chart for any change to your current health plan rate, which will go into effect on January 1, 2022.
Re-enrollment is required in the HCRA and/or DCRA plans if you wish to participate for calendar year 2022. Please refer to HCRA and/or DCRA brochures for respective contribution limits.
Any changes made to your current benefits will go into effect on January 1, 2022. Any health plan rate changes will automatically update on January 1, 2022 for your current coverage.
During the Open Enrollment period, eligible employees may:
- enroll in Health, Dental, or Flexcash, if benefit eligible and not currently enrolled
- change plans
- add or delete eligible dependents (children up to age 26)
- enroll or re-enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care and/or Dependent Care Reimbursement accounts)
- enroll in the MetLaw Legal Assistance plan
- enroll in Critical Illness Insurance
- enroll in Accident Insurance
- enroll in Pet Insurance
Open enrollment closes October 15, 2021. Forms must be returned to the University Personnel in Tide Hall (bldg. 23) locked mailbox on the outside of the building, or emailed to email@example.com as soon as possible, and no later than October 15, 2021.
What's Changing for 2022
- PPO Plan Changes
- PERSCare & PERS Choice PPO plans will transition to PERS Platinum PPO
- PERS Select PPO will transition to PERS Gold PPO
- Health Plan Rate Changes for 2022
- 2022 Health Rates Comparison Chart
- Additional HMO and EPO plan expansions in some areas
- VSP Vision Care Plan
- Employees will enjoy higher frame and lenses allowance
- Ultraviolet (UV) protection
- VSP Primary EyeCare Plan which includes additional exams and services for eligible members at no cost or premium increases
Health Plan Costs for 2022
Please review the 2022 Health Rates Comparison Chart for specific 2022 employee premium costs.
Pursuant to California Government Code 22871, the CSU Employer Health Contribution Rates for 2022 have increased and are reflected below:
|Coverage Level||All Employees (Except R06)||R06 Employees|
|Employee +2 or more||$1,983||$2,003|
Campus Benefits Fairs and Virtual Solutions
In addition to the benefits information for Open Enrollment on the CSUMB Open Enrollment website and CSYou website, once again this year, a virtual solution is available for our employees — providing additional access to benefits information. The virtual solution also hosts your regional campus live Benefits Fairs. At the live event, you are able to video or text chat with providers and your campus benefits team.
- Wednesday, Sept. 29 | 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 30 | 1-3 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 1 | 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
You must register to get access to the website, which also hosts the regional campus benefits fairs. Don’t delay! Registration opens on Wednesday, Sept. 8.
Looking for Benefit Providers?
Open Enrollment Drop-In Sessions Dates/Times (Join Zoom Meeting):
- Wednesday, Sept. 22 | 3 - 4 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 27 | 4 - 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 6 | 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 12 | 12 - 1 p.m.
Making Additions/Changes/Deletions to Your Benefits
If you wish to make any benefit plan changes or add/delete dependents, please complete the appropriate form(s) listed below or from the Related Documents & Forms section of this page, and return them to University Personnel-Benefits via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), Fax (831-582-4736), or hand-deliver to Tide Hall (bldg 23) locked mailbox.
- Use the CalPERS Health Plan Search by Zip Code found on the CalPERS website to help you identify what health plans you are eligible to enroll in, or view the CalPERS 2022 Health Plan Summary booklet.
- 2022 Open Enrollment Worksheet - for Health, Dental, and FlexCash enrollment/changes.
- Dental Plan Enrollment Authorization Form - use for any Dental plan changes or dependent additions or deletions.
- FlexCash Enrollment Form - if you have non-CSU employer group health or dental coverage and wish to enroll in FlexCash (if changing from a CSU health or dental plan, you must fill out a health and/or dental form to terminate your enrollment before you can enroll in the FlexCash program).
- VSP Premier Plan Enrollment - contact VSP directly to enroll, change, or cancel coverage by either using the VSP website or by calling them at 1-800-400-4569.
- Legal Assistance Plan - Visit the MetLaw website for any MetLaw cancellations or enrollments.
- Pet Insurance - Visit the Nationwide website for any Pet Insurance for any cancellations or enrollment.
- Life Insurance, Accident, Critical Illness Insurance - Visit The Standard website for any Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and Life Insurance changes, cancellations, or enrollments.
- Auto & Home Insurance - Visit the California Casualty website for information about auto, home, or renters insurance enrollment.
HCRA / DCRA - Health Care / Dependent Care Reimbursement Account - 2022 Enrollments
To enroll or re-enroll in the Health Care and/or Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts for 2022, please complete the following enrollment form(s):
- HCRA / DCRA Enrollment Form 2022 - participation in these plans must be renewed annually during Open Enrollment.
View the CSYou Open Enrollment Webpage
- CSYou Open Enrollment Webpage - please select Monterey Bay as your campus and use your CSUMB password login.
Turn your forms in early to University Personnel to ensure your changes are received before the Open Enrollment deadline of October 15, 2021. Forms may be returned to University Personnel:
- Drop off forms to the Tide Hall (bldg. 23) locked mailbox on the outside of the building
- Email to email@example.com
- Send through Adobe Sign - to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to (831) 582-3572
Submit forms as early as possible, but no later than October 15, 2021.
Update Beneficiary Information
Open Enrollment is also a great time to update your beneficiary information for the following benefit plans (Beneficiary forms are located on the Benefit forms webpage):
- CalPERS Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Retirement Plans (401(k), 457, 403(b) plans
- 403 (b) Plan (CSU-sponsored)
- 401 (k) & 457 Plans
- Final Pay Warrant - Submit to University Personnel
Related Documents and Forms
The Standard Open Enrollment Offering Flyer