Leaves & Time Off

CSU Monterey Bay offers a variety of employee leave options.

The ADA, Leaves, & Workers' Compensation Analyst is ready to provide guidance and information regarding your specific needs. Forms, brochures, and basic information are available through University Personnel. If you need to consult with the Leaves Analyst, please call (831) 582-3584.

This website is intended to provide highlights of CSUMB's employee leave options. Information provided here is a summary of options and should not be construed as a substitute for the master contracts or official leave documents. The Chancellor's Office leave policy technical letter details guidelines on a full range of leave benefits, specific to each CBA. Some leaves of absences impact benefits, so leave advising before designing a leave plan can ensure benefits continue uninterrupted.

Submit a Leave of Absence Request to your appropriate administrator for any paid or unpaid leaves and all medical absences beyond 5 work days. Any change in the length of the leave must be approved.