To promote the mental health of CSUMB students in order to improve the quality of their lives and aid them in achieving academic success. We are committed to the development of the whole person: academically, personally, socially, spiritually, and physically.
Call our office at (831) 582-3969
- Crisis Help
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Drop-in Counseling: Let's Talk Program
- Training Opportunities
- Campus Chaplaincy & Spiritual Support
- Mental Health Screenings
- Classroom Presentations
- Staff & Faculty Consultations
A student's right to confidentiality, as well as limits, should be understood in the event that the counseling center has to break confidentiality for legal and ethical reasons.
Interested in starting counseling services? Walk-in during these hours for a brief 20 minute session. Counselors will gather information and help to identify treatment options. Students will be seen on a first come, first served basis. Not for students already in treatment. Please call with questions.
- Monday: 9 AM - 12 PM; 1 - 4 PM
- Tuesday: 9 AM - 12 PM; 1 - 4 PM
- Wednesday: 1 - 4 PM
- Thursday: 9 AM - 12 PM; 1 - 4 PM
PGCC offers 2-week, curriculum-driven workshops that promote mindfulness and anxiety management. RIO is designed to help students gain insight into their concerns, develop a clear sense of what they would like to change in their lives, and identify concrete strategies to reduce feelings of stress and improve emotional functioning. Anxiety Toolbox is designed to help students better understand and cope with anxiety.
Workshops will start September 10, 2018.
March 1Mar 1
8:30am to 4:30pm
The workshop is based on the principles and ideas of the National Coalition Building Institute (NCBI) whose mission is to eliminate discrimination, oppression and intolerance of every kind.
Hours & Contact Information
We are open Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Phone: (831) 582-3969
- Calls to the Personal Growth and Counseling Center are answered 24 hours, 7 days per week during all 12 months of the year. The calls will be answered by professional counselors. However, if you are calling in regards to making, rescheduling or canceling an appointment we recommend that you call during our office hours between 8 AM and 5 PM on weekdays.
- Mail: California State University Monterey Bay, Health & Wellness Services, 100 Campus Center, Seaside, CA, 93955-8001
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Physical Location: The PGCC is located in the Health and Wellness Services Building (80) on the corner of General Jim Moore Boulevard and Inter-Garrison Road.
- 6012 General Jim Moore, Marina, CA 93933
Health and Wellness Services Newsletter
For information on new programs and events subscribe to our newsletter, sent once a semester. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe.Fall 2018 Newsletter
- If you are a student enrolled at CSUMB, you can call us to request services or to gather more information (831) 582-3969.
- While individual counseling is provided at the PGCC, group counseling is highly encouraged to further maximize your personal growth.
- Although there are no assurances to benefits, counseling can often lead to better interpersonal relationships, improved academic performance, solutions to specific problems, and reductions in your feelings of distress.
- If a student is in danger of hurting themselves or others, call 9-1-1.
- If you are on campus and concerned about a student, encourage them to talk to someone. You can offer to accompany the student to our office in the Health and Wellness Services Building (80) on the corner of General Jim Moore Boulevard and Inter-Garrison Road. We ask that you call us prior to coming over so we can be ready to meet them.
- If you are off campus and concerned about a student, express concern to the student, encourage the student to come to the counseling center, and ask them to make contact.