To promote the mental health of CSUMB students in order to improve the quality of their lives and aid them in achieving academic success. We are committed to the development of the whole person: academically, personally, socially, spiritually, and physically.
Call our office at (831) 582-3969
Interested in starting counseling services? Walk-in during our new student appointment hours for a brief 20 minute session. Counselors will gather information and help to identify treatment options. Students will be seen on a first come, first served basis. All students, regardless if you were in counseling last year, must complete a new student appointment. Please call with questions:
New Student Appointment Hours
- Monday: 9 - 11 AM; 1 - 3 PM
- Tuesday: 9 - 11 AM ; 1 - 3 PM
- Wednesday: 1 - 3 PM
- Thursday: 9 - 11 AM ; 1 - 3 PM
Groups & Workshops
The workshop is based on the principles and ideas of the National Coalition Building Institute (NCBI) whose mission is to eliminate discrimination, oppression and intolerance of every kind.
Join Health and Wellness Services in practicing mindfulness through yoga, meditation, hypnotherapy, coloring, Reiki treatments, & more.
Hours & Contact Information
We are open Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Phone: (831) 582-3969
- Calls to the Personal Growth and Counseling Center are answered 24 hours, 7 days per week during all 12 months of the year. The calls will be answered by professional counselors. However, if you are calling in regards to making, rescheduling or canceling an appointment we recommend that you call during our office hours between 8 AM and 5 PM on weekdays.
- Mail: California State University Monterey Bay, Health & Wellness Services, 100 Campus Center, Seaside, CA, 93955-8001
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physical Location: The PGCC is located in the Health and Wellness Services Building (80) on the corner of General Jim Moore Boulevard and Inter-Garrison Road.
- 6012 General Jim Moore, Marina, CA 93933
Social Media: The Personal Growth and Counseling Center is committed to reaching out to students, their parents, CSUMB staff and faculty, as well as the community in general. The following sites are intended to announce ongoing news and happenings at the PGCC.
While student participation is encouraged, we encourage students or individuals with questions to contact the PGCC to inquire about receiving services. The PGCC will not provide counseling or crisis intervention via these social media websites, although we will periodically let the campus community know about accessing crisis information.
Health and Wellness Services Newsletter
For information on new programs and events subscribe to our newsletter, sent once per semester. Email email@example.com to subscribe.
Helping a Student
- If you are concerned that a student is in danger of hurting themselves or others, call 9-1-1.
- If you are on campus and concerned about a student, encourage them to talk to someone. You can offer to accompany the student to our office in the Health and Wellness Services Building (80) on the corner of General Jim Moore Boulevard and Inter-Garrison Road. We ask that you call us prior to coming over so we can be ready to meet them.
- If you are off campus and concerned about a student, express concern to the student, encourage the student to come to the counseling center, and ask them to make contact.