Construction live feed is now available! Report issues to email@example.com.
The Otter Student Union building will be the heart of campus, creating a vibrant, fluid space for a nexus of connections between students, faculty, staff, alumni, and the larger Monterey Bay community. The site for this new building will be the parking lot to the east of the existing Student Center (Building 12).
Included below is some information about the construction project:
- Site operations are slated to begin in Summer 2018
- This proposed 70,000 GSF building will include:
- Otter Cross Cultural Center
- Game Room
- Varied conference and group study spaces: These were intentionally added into the building in response to students' feedback on the feasibility studies.
- Indoor and outdoor podium seating
- Inter-Garrison Plaza
- Main Quad Plaza
- University Bookstore
- Retail/dining operations
- Departmental offices:
- Otter Student Union professional staff offices
- Otter Student Union student offices
- Student Engagement & Leadership Development professional staff offices
- Associated Students offices
For information on the construction timeline and progress, please visit Campus Planning and Development's Current Projects page.
For information on frequently asked questions about the new building, please see our FAQ page.
For feasibility study reports and other information, please see our Project Reports page.