The Center for Academic Technologies (CAT) helps instructors effectively teach with technology!
Helpful phone numbers
- IT Help 582-4357 (HELP) - password reset; computer issues
- Projector Issues in Classroom 582-3755 (8:00am-8:00pm)
- iLearn Issues 582-4648 (M-Th 8:00am-8:00pm, Fri 8:00am - 5:00pm) Center for Academic Technologies
iLearn (Moodle) is the learning management system used at CSUMB to house and provide access to readings, videos, assignments, web links, quizzes and grades and other learning resources. Use iLearn to supplement your face-to-face course, or teach an entire class online.
CAT provides guidance, tools, tips and resources to help you succeed. We assist faculty in planning and providing the richest possible learning experiences for students and provide training and professional development opportunities for the academic community.
CSUMB offers free/discounted software for students, faculty, and staff. For access go to https://bit.ly/2umSmFd. Software offered includes:
- Zoom web conferencing
- Symantec EndPoint Virus Protection
- SAS Quantitative Analysis Software
- Qualtrics Online Survey Software
- MS Office2016 Multi-year purchase for staff/faculty only
- MS Office365 Free for students, staff, faculty
- Adobe Reader DC
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, and more!)
CAT provides a wide range of services, support, and consultation expertise. We welcome phone calls, drop-ins, Zoom sessions, and hallway conversations.
- Faculty Development Workshops & Consultations
- Drop-in Work Area for Instructors
- Instructional design & teaching strategies
- Online/Blended course development
- iLearn/Moodle Virtual Courses
- Instructional Media Development
- Recording Studio & Lecture capture
- Captioning, Scanning & Media Conversion
- Record/Broadcast a course-related event
- Classroom Technology Support & Training
- Student Response systems and options
- Accessibility/Assistive Technology