The Information Security Program at CSUMB documents campus plans to protect CSUMB computing and information assets and to comply with pertinent laws, regulations, and University policies.
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- What is multi-factor authentication?
- Why is IT retiring the security question?
- Which MFA methods are available?
- Who do I contact if I have questions about my MFA?
October is when CSUMB promotes national Cybersecurity Awareness Month. For 2021, we will focus on:
- Tips and tricks to be cyber smart
- Staying secure on your smartphone or tablet
- Training for data security
- Learn how to spot and report a phishing attack
- Protect yourself from smishing attacks.
- Safer ways to authenticate
- Data loss prevention
Policies and requirements
- Acceptable Use of Computing and Information Technology Resources
- CSU Information Security Policy
- Information Protection Requirements
Standards and guidelines
- Clean Desk and Clear Screen Standard
- Information Classification Standard
- Information Protection Standard
- Information Security Awareness Standard
- Media Sanitization Standard
- Mobile Technologies Usage Standard
- Password Standard
- Records Disposition Standard
- Records Management Standard
- Records Retention Standard