How to Request Additional Units

Undergraduate students have a unit enrollment cap which is based upon their major, level, and academic standing. Graduate students may only enroll in a maximum of 12 units, while credential and second baccalaureate students may enroll in a maximum of 20 units. Students requesting additional units beyond their maximum allotment may meet with their advisor to obtain permission to exceed this cap. An approved Additional Unit Authorization Form must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar prior to the end of the Schedule Adjustment Period.

Unit caps for undergraduate students are as follows:

Students in Senior Standing: 20 units

Business majors (All Levels): 20 units

Sustainable Hospitality majors (All Levels): 20 units

All other undergraduate majors: 18 units

Additional Unit Authorization Form