The mission of the Liberal Studies Department is
- to provide instruction and opportunities that prepare students for future careers, for life-long learning, and for becoming well-educated individuals.
- to lead the collaboration with other departments, programs, and institutions, on and off campus.
- to provide a broad-based, interdisciplinary liberal arts curriculum to students.
- to develop action-oriented students who successfully advocate for multiculturalism, multicultural education, pluralism, diversity, and social and ecological justice.
- to foster students' skills in ethical reflection and critical thinking and in considering the contexts of histories, families, cultures, and communities in their interactions and practice with children, adults, and institutions and ecological systems.
For more information about the offered programs
Contact the Liberal Studies Department Advisor , Erika Miguel
Phone: (831) 582-3937
Current students can make an advising appointment via the Center for Advising, Career and Student Success.
Prospective students can make an advising appointment via phone or email (see above).
For general questions about the programs
Liberal Studies: email@example.com
Human Development and Family Studies: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Liberal Studies Department is located in Playa (Bldg. 2) where you will find our main office, and faculty offices.