The purpose of Health & Wellness Services’ Health Promotion and Education program is to encourage and enhance practices of wellness among members of the CSUMB community.
Our goals are to:
- Increase knowledge and awareness of issues related to personal wellness, including mental health, suicide prevention, sexual assault prevention, nutrition, eating disorders, reproductive health, and the use of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.
- Facilitate the adoption and maintenance of positive health behaviors and wellness practices.
- Offer health education programs, information, and materials to students, and serve as a resource for staff and faculty.
- Promote awareness of Campus Health Center services and programs.
- Provide practical experience for peer educators, interns, and other students interested in pursuing health-related careers.
The Health Promotion and Education staff includes experienced health professionals and trained, certified student peer educators. We provide presentations and trainings for students, campus-wide health promotion activities, health education materials, and referrals for campus and community resources.
If you would like to schedule a presentation for your class, residence hall, or student group, or would like information about the other services we provide, please contact Gary Rodriguez, Health Promotion and Prevention Specialist, at (831) 582-4437 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email is NOT a secure method of communication. PLEASE do NOT use email to discuss medical concerns or to transmit medical documents.
For information about Health and Safety campus-wide, please call 831-582-3730 or visit the Health and Safety website.
For information about disaster preparedness on campus, please contact Public Safety department at 831-582-3360 or visit Emergency Mangement website.
Additional information from San Francisco's Office of Emergency Preparedness