Uncrewed Aerial Systems
RECREATIONAL (UNLICENSED) sUAS FLIGHT IS PROHIBITED ON CSUMB PROPERTY BY CSUMB AND FAA RULES
UAS cannot be flown on CSUMB property or for any CSUMB-associated purpose (on- or off-campus) without prior approval. CSUMB-associated purposes include teaching, research, surveying, aerial photography/videography, or any other activity that is conducted by or for CSUMB use. Please see the CSUMB UAS FAQ for more information or if you are unsure if flight approval is required. More information regarding UAS at CSU can be found on the CSU GIS Specialty Center website
A successful Flight Request must include:
- Pilot in Charge (PIC) is FAA 14 CFR Part 107 certified, COA or Section 333 exempt
- sUAS is FAA registered and registration number is legibly displayed on aircraft
- Detailed sUAS specifications
- Flight plan including map
- Evidence of insurance if non-CSUMB entity
- Flight complies with all requirements and limitations of FAA 14 CFR Part 107 or appropriate waivers in place
To request UAS flight approval, please make sure the above conditions are satisfied, and if you are a CSUMB community member (you have an OtterID) use the CSU Drones App to register as a pilot, register your aircraft, and file your request. Non-CSUMB operators must use the CSUMB sUAS Flight Request Form for outside entities. Whether the Drones App or form is used, the flight request and all required documentation must be submitted at least 5 full working days prior to your proposed flight.
The site is currently under construction. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.