Student Data Warehouse
The CSUMB Student Data Warehouse is the designated official repository of institutional data about our students and includes interactive reports and dashboards that provide the campus community with insightful analysis and data visualization capabilities. The Student Data Warehouse integrates core student systems into a single analytical database to support and inform decision-making processes and enables campus users to explore subject areas at every stage of the student life-cycle. The Student Data Warehouse tells you more about the students in your college or department and assists in identifying opportunities for improving student success campus-wide.
Subject areas in the Student Data Warehouse include reporting and analysis on topics including:
- The Student Data Warehouse is available on campus only.
- Existing staff who are already users of CMS student data and/or Hyperion have a pre-set User role in the Student Data Warehouse.
- If you are unable to log in, you will need to submit an Alternate Data Access Request form to gain access. Instructions on how to submit this form are on the Employee Resources page under Alternate Access.
Consult the Quick Start Guides below for an overview on how to navigate and get started with using the Student Data Warehouse.Quick Start Guide 1: Getting Started Quick Start Guide 2: Viewing Basics
Visit Information Technology's Student Data page for additional resources and contact information for troubleshooting access.
The CSU Student Success Dashboard is a data reporting tool that has been developed to help faculty, staff, and administrators to use data to better understand barriers to graduation, diagnose factors that impede student success, and target responses based on these discoveries. Campus leaders can use the dashboard to track indicators of success and to better understand milestones students are failing to reach and why. The goal of the CSU Student Success Dashboard is to stimulate a conversation with data that will ultimately empower faculty, staff, and administrators to design teaching, program and/or policy changes that will increase student success.
Features from the CSU Student Success Dashboard include:
- Analysis of student success by discipline (analysis by major to be added soon)
- Predictive modeling designed to assist in determining which academic behaviors lead to successful and timely degree completion
- Campus comparisons across the CSU system, which can assist in establishing benchmarks and sharing exemplary practices
- Retention and graduation rates of students participating in academic programs such as learning communities and first-year experiences
- Visit www.calstate.edu/dashboard
- Log in using your campus credentials
- Firefox and Chrome are preferred browsers
- Currently, the dashboard is not accessible on iPad
- Comments or questions about the CSU Student Success Dashboard can be submitted through the "Feedback" link in the lower left corner of the dashboard