Find help and guidelines for creating accessible content on the web.
- CSU ATI's Web Accessibility page (timeline, 508 evaluation, workflow, reporting, FAQs, and tools)
- Section 508 checklist (official, WebAIM checklist)
- June 1, 2010 - All department and vendor sites must be accessible.
- See coded memorandum AA-2009-19.
- Full timeline from the CSU ATI Web Accessibility page.
- Develop and plan for the accessible use of managed Web content university-wide (e.g. CSUMB.EDU) as specified in EO 926.
- Monitor developments in assistive technology standards, tools, and systems as they related to our Web-enabled programs and services.
- Coordinate presentations and events to facilitate the exchange of knowledge about projects and planned developments as they relate to the Web and assistive technology services.
- Establish membership of WAP team (April 2007)
- Develop Web presence for WAP, including FAQs, resources and tools (April 2007)
- Study, test & modify official CSUMB.EDU template on Charlotte for use by both visual and non-visual audiences (June - August 2007)
- Submit a First Year Report to CSU ATI, based on the 20+ sites to initially evaluate (May 2007)
- Discover non-Charlotte department websites that will need to be validated (June 2007)
- Establish monthly walk-in labs for self-correction of pages (August 2007)