- Submit your online application. It is strongly encouraged to provide your bank account and routing information in order to receive your monthly stipends via Direct Deposit.
- VA application processing can take between 8 - 10 weeks. Once your application has been processed, an official Certificate of Eligibility letter confirming your benefit eligibility details will be mailed to you.
Students planning on using VA benefits at CSUMB should contact the Veterans Services office before the beginning of their first semester.
- Complete the New Student Intake Form
- Submit completed Intake Form along with a copy of your DD214 and VA Certificate of Eligibility letter to CSUMB Veterans Services
- Once you have registered for classes, you will complete and submit a VA Certification Request Form. The VA Certification Request Forms for each degree program can be found on our Forms page.
Dependents of disabled veterans can apply for a state tuition waiver under CA Education Code, Section 660253. Applications are processed by your local county Veterans Services Office.
Information about the program along with a list of local Veterans Services Offices can be found on the California Department of Veterans Affairs website.
Students who receive an official CA State Tuition waiver should submit a copy to the Veterans Services Office for processing.
*Please note that the CA State Tuition Waiver does NOT apply to any campus fees OR tuition and fees for any programs offered through CSUMB Extended Education (including Open University and ACE).
In order to receive appropriate academic credits for military training, undergraduate veteran students must submit their official military transcript to the Office of Admissions for processing.
Basic Training/Boot Camp may clear a lower division General Education requirement.