The CSUMB Police Department provides 24-hour animal control services to the Campus Community. If you need assistance, please contact us at (831) 655-0268 or 911 if in emergency.
The Police Department is working closely with the Monterey County Health Department, Animal Services Division to assure the highest level of service.
All Monterey County Animal Control Codes apply in the CSUMB campus housing. The following is a list of some of the more common Monterey County Animal Control Codes:
- MCC 8.08.010—Vaccinations. All dogs and cats over 4 months of age must be vaccinated against the rabies virus.
- MCC 8.08.030—Licensing. All dogs must be licensed. You have 30 days to obtain a license before a late fine is issued if you recently moved to Monterey County, your dog reached 4 months of age, your current license has expired, or you have acquired a new dog. MCC 8.08.040 dog license tag must be attached.
- MCC 8.20.010—Running at Large (leash law). Dogs are not permitted to run at large at any time.
- MCC 8.36.010—Noise. Animals cannot be kept, maintained or permitted if, by any sound or cry, they disturb the peace and comfort of any neighborhood.
- MCC 8.36.030—Dog Feces. If your dog or a dog in your control or custody defecates on any public or private property, it is your responsibility to clean it up.
All dogs in campus housing are required to have licenses. Cat licensing is voluntary, but highly recommended. Pet licenses may be obtained online at:
160 Hitchcock Road
Salinas, CA 93908