What is an OTTERalert?
OTTERalert is CSUMB's emergency notification system. It delivers time-sensitive emergency notifications via email, text-messaging and outdoor warning sirens to all members of the CSUMB community.
How do I get an OTTERalert?
Students, staff, and faculty
As a member of the CSUMB community you will automatically receive an email to your @csumb.edu address whenever there is an emergency on campus or when we are testing the system.
To receive OTTERalerts to your mobile phone, you will need to provide your phone number via this form.
Parents, supporters, visitors, and community members can sign up for OTTERalerts to receive emergency text alerts and emails from the campus. If your email or phone number changes, please update your OTTERalert information.
- OTTERalert emails come from CSUMB@everbridge.com or email@example.com
- OTTERalert texts come from 893-61.
- Depending on the situation, the campus speaker system may be used.
- CSUMB.edu/emergency may be used for notifications and updates.
- CSUMB's Twitter may be used for notifications and updates.
- CSUMB's Facebook may be used for notifications and updates.
- To stop receiving the text alerts, reply STOP to the message.