OTTERalert is CSUMB's emergency notification system. It delivers time-sensitive emergency notifications via email, text-messaging and outdoor warning sirens to all members of the CSUMB community.
How do I get an OTTERalert?
Students, staff, and faculty
As a member of the CSUMB community you will automatically receive an email to your @csumb.edu address whenever there is an emergency on campus or when we are testing the system. To receive OTTERalerts to your cellphone you will need to provide your cellphone number via the CSUMB Dashboard. If you want to update your phone number click Your Account > Emergency Alerts on the dashboard.
Parents, supporters, visitors and community members
- OTTERalert emails come from CSUMB@everbridge.com or email@example.com
- OTTERalert texts come from 893-61
- Depending on the situation the campus speaker system may or may not be used.
- CSUMB.EDU/emergency may be used to notify and update.
- CSUMB's Twitter may be used to notify and update.
- CSUMB's Facebook may be used to notify and update.
- To stop receiving the text alerts reply STOP to the message