OTTERalert is CSUMB's emergency notification system. It delivers time-sensitive emergency notifications via email, text-messaging, and outdoor warning sirens to all members of the CSUMB community.
Students, staff, and faculty
As a member of the CSUMB community, students, staff, and faculty automatically receive an email to their @csumb.edu address whenever there is an emergency on campus or when we are testing the system.
OTTERalert by text
Students, staff, and faculty have the option to receive OTTERalert emergency notifications through text by signing up.
Parents, supporters, visitors, and community members can sign up for OTTERalert to receive emergency text alerts and emails from the campus.
Update your information
If your email or phone number has changed, please update your OTTERalert information.
- OTTERalert emails come from CSUMB@everbridge.com or email@example.com
- OTTERalert texts come from 893-61.
- Depending on the situation, the campus speaker system may be used.
- CSUMB.edu/emergency may be used for notifications and updates.
- CSUMB's Twitter may be used for notifications and updates.
- CSUMB's Facebook may be used for notifications and updates.
- To stop receiving the text alerts, reply STOP to the message.