Upcoming Fort Ord Munitions Cleanup: Public Meeting May 23, 2017
May 16, 2021
Munitions cleanup activities will begin in the northern portion of the Fort Ord National Monument in June 2017. The U.S. Army is hosting a public kickoff meeting on May 23, 2017 to share information about the cleanup and provide an opportunity for the public to ask questions.
This is a public notice regarding upcoming munitions cleanup activities from the U.S. Army Fort Ord Cleanup and the Bureau of Land Management:
- May 23, 2017
- Bayonet/Black Horse Golf Course
- Address: 1 McClure Way, Seaside, CA 93955
- Posters/Exhibitions: 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Presentations: 6 p.m.
This new munitions cleanup activity beginning in the northern portion of the monument will occur in areas that are currently open for public use (north of Eucalyptus Road, south of Watkins Gate/Gigling Road, and west of Barloy Canyon Road).
The Army will minimize disruptions to public use and recreational activities, but periodic closures of trails and roads will still be necessary to perform cleanup activities.
The public kickoff meeting will provide information on:
- Reasons for the munitions cleanup
- What to expect during the cleanup
- Where to find trail status information
- How to plan ahead for your recreational use of this area