The LeaderShape Institute, developed and proven effective over 25 years, is a six-day experiential training in leadership skills for undergraduates (freshmen-juniors) at the beginning of June at the Dominican University of California. Be sure to view last year's brochure to hear more about the program. Participants are expected to commit to the following:
During LeaderShape: Spend the full six days of LeaderShape on the Dominican campus 24/7 and attend all sessions.
During the following academic year(s):
- Make significant progress on your personal Vision and Blueprint project that you identify during LeaderShape
- Serve on the LeaderShape Institute selection committee for the following year.
- Attend two LeaderShape Fellow meetings each semester.
- Work with Student Life to continue to expand LeaderShape each year by encouraging other students to apply and by speaking to potential donors.
- Work with Student Life to develop and implement a leadership presentation for the Student Leadership Conference in the spring semester.
- Students who have been selected will attend a 6 day training and will be expected to find your own way to and from CSUMB.
Watch this video to see past graduates talk about their experience:
Approximately twelve CSUMB students will be selected to attend LeaderShape and will join an additional 40 students from eight other colleges and universities, totaling approximately 50 students. Students will stay on Dominican University’s campus with all expenses paid by CSUMB for the week. The Selection Team will include representatives from Student Life and LeaderShape graduates. Applications are live now! Questions? Contact email@example.com.