The CSUMB ATI Steering Committee will plan and implement processes to ensure complete compliance with Section 508 accessibility guidelines in three areas:
- All web-based information at or emanating from CSUMB will be accessible.
- Instructional materials and web-based information and tools will be accessible.
- Procurement of all electronic and information technology hardware and software will be accessible
To the Disabled Person this means...
- More efficient access to electronic services and information
- More timely access to alternative instructional materials, including textbooks, media, and instructor-generated materials
- Improved access to information technology and hardware
To Students this means...
- We ask that you help create an inclusive environment that enables all students to be engage in activities and academics at CSUMB.
- There are opportunities to serve as a note taker for Student Disability Resources (SDR) in some courses.
- Some changes in CSUMB web sites may occur as areas are upgraded to meet accessibility standards.
- Textbook information for courses will be available earlier
- More instructional materials (syllabus, hand outs, etc.) will be available online.
To CSUMB Faculty this means...
- We ask that you help create an inclusive environment in the classroom and with instructional materials that enables all students to be successful in their academics.
- Work in a timely manner with Student Disability Resources and the Center for Academic Technologies (Assistive Technology) to meet student assistive technology needs or identify alternative pathways for meeting course outcomes for students with disabilities.
- Before selecting a new textbook or other instructional materials, check with the ATI Accessible Instructional Materials (AIM)Team about incorporating Section 508 accessibility standards into your materials.
To CSUMB Administrators and Staff this means...
- We ask that you help create an inclusive environment in your work area that enables all employees to be successful in their chosen careers.
- For CSUMB websites, follow best practices and meet all Section 508 accessibility standards
- For web sites hosted outside of CSUMB's content management system, departments will be responsible for retrofit. Training for retrofitting will be coordinated through IT Web Services.
- All new electronic and/or information technology (such as computer hardware and software) requests will be vetted with Section 508 standards before approved through the procurement process.