The Suzanne Dewar Memorial Undergraduate Research Scholarship supports two Undergraduate Research Opportunities Center (UROC) scholars eager to explore dynamic research questions through creative inquiry in the arts, humanities and social sciences via full participation in the UROC Scholars Program.
Award: The recipients will each receive two-years of funding intended to support the following goals as part of their undergraduate research, scholarship, and creative activity:
- Full participation in the two-year UROC Scholar Program and Seminar Series;
- Participation in paid summer research experiences for two (2) summers;
- Opportunity to participate in paid research with a faculty mentor during the academic year;
- Funding for professional meeting attendance and for travel to present at national and regional conferences;
- Funding for professional meeting attendance;
- Support for other related activities that promote scholar development, including professional organization memberships, subscription to academic journals, graduate school application and test fees, GRE preparation, research-related materials, or tuition relief up to $1,000 per year.
- Must be enrolled as a CSUMB student at time of application submission and have two available summers to complete research before graduation.
- Must have a GPA of 3.0, or higher.
- Must be a new applicant to the UROC Scholar’s Program.
- Must bring enthusiasm and an eagerness to pursue research-related questions in the arts, humanities, and/or social sciences.
- Must be dedicated to pursuing an undergraduate degree offered in the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (CAHSS).
Timeline: Application opens September 9; Deadline: October 31, 2019.
Submission: To apply for this opportunity include your interest in the UROC scholars application on SlideRoom.