New Employee Orientation (NEO) is a half-day session designed to introduce new employees to the CSUMB campus life and culture.
The purpose of NEO is to:
- Cover important information required by state and federal regulations;
- Aid in the new employee's success at CSUMB; and
- Create an opportunity for new employees to meet service providers, administrative leadership, and network with other new employees.
During NEO, the following topics are covered:
- CSUMB's Vision and Priorities
- The University's History & Organizational Structure
- Master Plan
- Data Security
- Introduction to the University Corporation
- Stateside University Personnel Services
- University Police Services
- Emergency Preparedness
- Environmental Protection, Health, and Safety
- Prevention of Discrimination and Harassment
- University Advancement Services
- Online Tools and Information
Each new staff and manager is automatically enrolled in NEO based on their hire date. You will receive an email invitation specifying the date, time, location, and agenda of your specific NEO. Should you have questions, please contact University Personnel at ext. 3389.