Applying For Admission
We Welcome Your Application
- Undocumented and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) students apply the same way that U.S. citizens and permanent residents do
- You will not be considered an international applicant if you live in the U.S.
- Citizenship or financial status will not affect your application outcome.
- You do not need a Social Security number on the application; that field can be left blank.
- If your family situation seems complicated, please contact us so we can help you through the application process.
What are the requirements for admission?
- High School graduate with an eligibility index of at least 2900 using SAT or 694 using ACT, nonresidents must have 3502 based on the SAT or 842 using ACT.
- Completed A-G requirements with grades of C or better
- 2.0 GPA or higher to qualify for regular admissions (for California residents). Nonresidents must have a 2.45 GPA or higher to qualify for regular admission.
- 60 or more semester credits (90 quarter units) of transferable courses. At least 30 semester units ( 45 quarter units) of general education courses with a grade of C or better.
- Complete the "Golden Four" coursework with a C or better.
- Be in good standing at your last college and have a minimum 2.00 GPA.
Due to the continued increase in applications, Cal State Monterey Bay declared impaction for some majors beginning Fall 2017. First time freshmen applying to impacted majors from outside our service area (Monterey, San Benito & Santa Cruz counties) must meet higher eligibility index requirements. Transfer applicants (All California counties) applying to impacted majors must meet a higher GPA requirement and prerequisite coursework may be used when determining admissions eligibility for the following majors. Detailed information on impaction criteria can be found on our Impaction page.
Still Need Help?
The Admissions Office is dedicated to helping you reach your goals. For questions specific to Undocumented Students or DREAM Application process contact Antoinette Anderson, Admissions Counselor, at (831) 582-3599 or email@example.com