TLA Assessment Support Homepage
This page links to resource for conducting assessment of student learning outcomes at course, program, and institutional levels.
Intellectual Skills Assignment Guides and Integrated RubricsDownload guides and rubrics
The three pairs of CSUMB Intellectual Skills Assignment Guides and Integrated Rubrics combine critical thinking and information literacy (CTIL) tasks and assessment criteria with those for quantitative reasoning (QR) assignments, written communication (WC) assignments, and oral communication (OC) assignments.
Instructors and departments can use these guides and rubrics to create or improve assignments that help student develop the Intellectual Skills and use them to demonstrate achievement of course and program learning outcomes (= Major Learning outcomes or MLOs).
Course-level and program-level assessmentTLA assessment resources (CSUMB only)
- Annual outcomes assessment (CSUMB Academic Affairs Assessment Website)
- Program review (CSUMB Academic Affairs Assessment Website)
Recommended readings for understanding the national assessment context and how assessment supports student achievement at CSUMB.
- AAHE Principles of Good Practice: Aging Nicely by Hutchings, Ewell, and Banta
- Towards and Improvement Paradigm for Academic Quality by Roscoe
- The VALUE of Learning: Meaningful Assessment on the Rise by Rhodes
- Charting the Future of US Higher Education: A Look at the Spellings Report Ten Years Later by Nueman
- Assessment and Academic Freedom: In Concert, not Conflict by Cain