Small Business Consultations
We provide one-on-one counseling to small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs in Monterey and San Benito Counties. The cost for counseling is covered by our sponsors, so expert advice is available at no cost to our business clients.
Not currently in business? Draft your plan using:
Currently in business or have a completed business plan:
- Apply for a business loan
- Access angel, crowdfunding and venture capital
- Access government contracts
- Business expansion
- Business turnaround
- Buy/Sell an existing business
- Human resource needs
- Market your business, a product and/or a service
- Manage and operate a business
- Protect intellectual property
- Research your business market
- Start a business
Our team includes experienced professional consultants, college and university professors, and experienced University students. During the initial consultation, the consultant and the client determine your unique, business resource and assistance needs and develop the appropriate course of action to pursue together. Depending on your specific needs, you may also be referred to one of our resource partners. All sessions are confidential and provided at no cost to the business owner.
Steps for getting help:
- Click on the "Request a Consultation" button;
- Enter your contact information;
- Answer some questions about your business and the area of assistance you are requesting;
- Submit your request online; and
- Our client services coordinator will contact you.
Services of the SBDC are partially funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration; Cal Coastal and the University of California, Merced. SBDCs are supported by the U.S. Small Business Administration and extended to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Any opinions, findings, conclusions and recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.