Welcome to the Monterey Bay REU Program
California State University, Monterey Bay, offers a 10-week REU in the beautiful Monterey Bay Region. Students will collaborate with mentors at host institutions to develop hypothesis-driven projects and receive critical feedback from mentors.
2018 Dates and Details (Applications now being accepted)
- The application for 2018 will be available November 21, 2017 - February 16, 2018
- 2018 Program dates are June 3–August 11.
- $5,000 stipend, travel, and housing support is provided by the program.
- This program targets sophomore and junior-level students.
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- See our Program page for more information!
- Application deadline February 16, 2018.
- Start the application process on our Application Page.
Curious to learn more?
You can check out our many research adventures in our weekly summaries, told through students' photos, tweets, instagram posts and more. For current news and information check out our Facebook page.
Funding provided by
Funding for this REU site is provide by the National Science Foundation’s Division of Ocean Science's located in Arlington, VA. (Award #1359488) The NSF contact for this program is Elizabeth Rom. NSF does not handle REU applications; please contact each REU site directly for application information.