Need to communicate to the campus or beyond? Web Services can help you make the most of the digital tools available.
Contact us to get started
We've developed this marketing plan template to help you set achievable, measurable goals and lay out how you'll meet them.
- An analysis of your strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats
- Target audiences
- Key messages
- Strategies and tactics
Web Services can facilitate the creation of your plan, as we have for Campus Master Plan Revise and Inclusive Excellence.
Email is the official means of communication on campus. IT maintains mailing lists for
Contact us about sending campus-wide email messages.
Web Services recommends Mail Chimp for department email newsletters and campaigns. Benefits of using MailChimp include:
- templates to create attractive messages that look good on any device
- ability to manage your own mailing lists
- analytics on how many opens and clicks your messages get
- embedded sign up forms on your website that integrate directly with Mail Chimp
Dashboard messages appear for logged in users and link back to pages on your website. Analytics have shown Dashboard Messages to be very effective in driving traffic to your site.
Dashboard messages can be targeted to
- a sub-set of CSUMB usernames
Reach and engage with your audience through social media platforms such as Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube.
University Communications manages the official university accounts. Contact them to see if they can post or share your message.
Individuals and departments can also set up their own accounts. Be sure to follow the university's Social Media guidelines when using social channels, and notify University Communications to be included in the Social Media Directory.
Depending on your campaign, you might create a web presence on a page or section of your department site. Other times, it makes sense to create a dedicated sub-site for your campaign. Contact Web Services to decide which route makes the most sense for you, and create the sub-site, if needed.
Web Services can also help by recognizing cross-promotional opportunities on other areas of the university website.
Use Google Analytics to measure the effectiveness of your web presence.
You should always work to optimize your pages for the best organic search results possible.
In addition, Web Services can boost your search ranking using search keymatches that always appear at the top of the results. Web Services determines search keymatches based on the following criteria:
- The keymatch is an actual keyword a user is likely to use.
- There is a clear user need for the search term based on past search logs, site feedback, Google Analytics, call or email volume, or a documented communication plan.
- The search term can only be "claimed" by one page on the site. If multiple pages can claim the search term, there must be a clear user need for one page to claim the search term over other candidates.
- The page is not already the top item in organic search results.
Web Services can create a short, memorable URL you can use in print, TV or radio communications.
Events that need promotion at the highest level for the largest audience on- and off-campus can appear on the Dashboard by creating an Event on your page for approval on the dashboard.