Professional Development and CEUs
Supervisor development program
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the face-to-face program is on hold.
Date for Fall 2022 and/or Spring 2023 are tbd.
Interested in enhancing your supervisory skills? Whether you are a current or aspiring supervisor or manager, the Supervisor Development Program provides you with the professional development knowledge to be an effective supervisor and increase your career advancement opportunities.
- Six (6) core courses taken in order offer the best educational benefit
- Offering working professionals the supervisory skills needed to succeed in a supervisory role
- Gain critical knowledge, experience, and tools to achieve your career goals
- Required: Pre-Work assignments & DiSC Assessment
- Program and class notices are sent out within two weeks of each class.
The Supervisor Development Program curriculum consists of six core components. Participants must complete all six core component classes to earn a Certificate of Completion.
The Program takes approximately 42 in-class hours to complete core courses, with modest additional time for pre-work* (DiSC Assessment, assignments, reading articles, etc.).
*Required Pre-work: DiSC Assessment is taken prior to the first class: Role of the Supervisor. Any additional pre-class work assignments are to be completed prior the specific class.
Students may complete the courses individually for personal enrichment without pursuing the certificate. A Certificate of Completion will be issued when all 6 classes are completed.
Series: Dates tbd
Please email questions or inquire about group registrations to firstname.lastname@example.org .
$180 per class
(Fees are subject to change.)
Program dates & times
Examples of zoom format. Courses are held via Zoom format* on Tuesdays & Thursdays - 9:00am - 12:00pm
* Each course consists of two 3-hour Zoom meetings on Tuesday & Thursday.
- *Participants are required to attend both Zoom meetings for each course. Course dates are listed below.
- Program information and instructions will be emailed after registration.
- Classes fill quickly...Register early to not miss out!
|Core Courses (Course #)||Dates:|
|Role of the Supervisor (#701)||tbd|
|Effective Communication (#703)||tbd|
|Managing Change (#705)||tbd|
|Team Building (#704)||tbd|
|Performance Management (#706)||tbd|
How to register
Students can register and pay for all courses through the CSUMB Extended Education Professional Development Student Portal.
Contact the Extended Education Professional Development Office: email@example.com
Please fill out the interest form, if the class is full and you'd like to be up notified when registration opens for the next series of classes.