Monterey Bay College Pathways Partnership
"The MBCPP will give thousands of students a more seamless and predictable pathway to a four-year degree."
- David Martin, Superintendent/President, Monterey Peninsula College
The goal of the Monterey Bay College Pathways Partnership (MBCPP) is to create a seamless pathway for students in the Monterey Bay region to complete an associate’s degree and bachelor’s degree in four years. To accomplish this, we are working to create 2+2 degree pathways for all CSUMB major programs with their corresponding associate degree programs at Cabrillo College, Gavilan College, Hartnell College, and Monterey Peninsula College.
MBCPP will increase student success by:
- Streamlining degree and transfer pathways
- Aligning curriculum, financial aid, and academic advising
- Shortening times to degree completion
Students and advisors will be able to see a clear, eight-semester pathway from community college through to completion at CSUMB that ensures all core courses and general education requirements can be completed in sequence and on time. It will give community college students a reliable route to achieving their academic goals right here in the Monterey Bay region.
How are we getting this done?
- Receiving commitment from college and university leadership
- Connecting deans, faculty, and academic advisors across institutions
- Dedicating staff to facilitate meetings, manage tasks, and communicate consistently
- Building on guided pathways and transfer degree maps to eliminate potential barriers to transfer and timely completion
- Producing clear, easily understood degree maps for use by community college and CSUMB advisors
- Including 2+2 maps in curriculum review and supporting continuous improvement