University Police

University Police Records Division

Release of vehicles

The vehicle will ONLY be released to the Registered Owner or Legal Owner or to their Agent. The Agent can be a representative of a business or can be appointed by the Registered Owner with a note/letter/ document with a NOTARIZED signature and seal.


  1. Provide current Registration. If registration is expired, show proof of completed new registration or fees paid to DMV to obtain a One-Day MovingPermit (or Permit of Non-Operation in order to tow the vehicle).
  2. Provide proof of current vehicle insurance.
  3. The Registered Owner/Legal Owner/ Agent must present a VALID driver license or bring a licensed driver along to drive the vehicle.
  4. Provide a vehicle release fee of $10.00 (payable by cash,check or money order made out to CSUMB).

Application for police information

  1. Fill out Application for Police Information
  2. Turn the application in to the Parking Office cashier at the CSUMB Police Department.
  3. Provide a copy of a State/Government issued identification or CSUMB identification (if affiliated to the campus).

Application for Police Information