CSU Monterey Bay Police Department Community Engagement Advisory Committee
The California State University Monterey Bay Police Department Community Engagement Committee was established to actively seek the advice, counsel, and insight of campus community members regarding issues that impact the safety and quality of life of the students, faculty, staff, and visitors to our campus.
The Committee will meet on a quarterly basis (or as frequently as is necessary) and work directly with the Chief of Police in identifying and addressing public safety issues, recommending solutions, and seeking out cross-divisional partnerships to improve the overall experience of all campus members.
- Identify current public safety issues that impact the CSUMB Community
- Promote effective communication, dialogue, and transparency with Campus Community
- Act as a liaison between the Campus Community and UPD
- Receive regular updates and summary of activities of UPD, including current trends impacting the Campus
- Examine and provide recommendations concerning matters of public safety, campus policy, or suggested community resources to positively impact community experiences
- Assist in describing the means for involving University Police Officers in the life of the University in ways that will create an environment that is the "most conducive to the intellectual, cultural, and personal development of its students"
- Include considerations for providing a Culture of Care in safety-related services or activities
- Prepare minutes/notes from each meeting and present an annual report to the Campus
Appointed Members Committee Membership Position Email Address Sam Robinson Associate Professor Academic Senate Chair (or designee) email@example.com Phuong Nguyen Associate Professor Employee Affinity Group Representative firstname.lastname@example.org Vacant Budget Resource Committee Vacant Academic Representative (selected by Provost) David Ledesma Associated Student President Associated Students President (or designee) email@example.com Vacant Associated Students Diversity & Inclusion Senator Flavia Calusdian Information Technology Consultant Campus Staff Member (appointed by CSUEU) firstname.lastname@example.org Jessica Lopes Counselor Faculty Senior Director of Health and Wellness Services (or designee) email@example.com Ryan Luke Associate Professor Community Member (Homeowner from East Campus) firstname.lastname@example.org Yvonne Gordon Police Sergeant Police Officer from CSUMB PD (appointed by Chief of Police) email@example.com Jeff Cooper Director SH&RL Staff Member from Student Life (appointed by Dean of Students) firstname.lastname@example.org Vacant Office of the President Earl Lawson Chief of Police / Associate Vice President for Public Safety CSUMB Police Chief (ex-officio) email@example.com