To promote the mental health of CSUMB students in order to improve the quality of their lives and aid them in achieving academic success. We are committed to the development of the whole person: academically, personally, socially, spiritually, and physically.
- Crisis Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Groups & Workshops
- Training Opportunities
- Campus Chaplaincy & Spiritual Support
- Mental Health Screenings (Available online for depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, eating disorders, and alcohol use disorders.)
- Classroom Presentations
A student's right to confidentiality, as well as limits, should be understood in the event that the counseling center has to break confidentiality for legal and ethical reasons.
Join us to remember those who are or have been impacted by suicide. Unite with thousands of people across California. Light a candle to create hope, care, and compassion.
Monday, October 5th, 7pm-9 pm on the Main Quad, in front of the Otter Express.
To request disability related accommodations or sign language interpreters, please contact Sarah di Grazia at 831-582-3988.
- Mental Health First Aid, Friday, October 2nd, 8am-5pm at the HWS Building
- Mental Health Unity Pledge, Monday, October 5th, 12-2pm in the Main Quad
- Laughing Yoga, Tuesday, October 6th, 4-5pm in the Meeting House
- QPR Suicide Prevention Training, Wednesday, October 7th, 1-2:30pm at HWS Building
- Movie Night: "It's Kind of a Funny Story" Wednesday, October 7th, 7-9pm at the Black Box
- LGBTQ Speakers Panel Thursday, October 8th, 5-7pm in the Student Center, room 120
The counseling center wishes to extend our support to those students who may be experiencing difficulty and worry related to the fires happening across California. Our thoughts are with you and your families. If you or someone you know need support please come to the counseling center and/or utilize the resources below:
- American Psychological Association - Recovering Emotionally from a Disaster
- Lifeline - Recovering after a Natural Disaster
- Cal Fire
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Connect with us by:
- Phone: (831) 582-3969
- Mail: California State University Monterey Bay, Health & Wellness Services, 100 Campus Center, Seaside, CA, 93955-8001
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Physical Location: The PGCC is located in the Health and Wellness Services Building (80) on the corner of General Jim Moore Boulevard and Inter-Garrison Road. A map of CSUMB can be found here.
Services Are Free for registered and currently-enrolled students.
- If you are a student enrolled at CSUMB, you can call us to request services or ask any questions (831) 582-3969.
- While individual counseling is provided at the PGCC, it is highly recommended that you consider attending group counseling as well to maximize your personal growth.
- Although there are no assurances to benefits, counseling can often lead to better interpersonal relationships, improved academic performance, solutions to specific problems, and reductions in your feelings of distress.
- If a student is in danger of hurting themselves or others, call 9-1-1.
- If you are on campus and concerned about a student, encourage them to talk to someone. You can offer to accompany the student to our office. We ask that you call us prior to coming over so we can be ready to meet them.
- If you are off campus and concerned about a student, express concern to the student, encourage the student to come to the counseling center, and ask that he or she make contact.