Top Nine Social Media Posts in 2017
We counted down the top nine posts that had the most reach in 2017 in each of our three social media channels.
- Twitter - (June 16) Jimi Hendrix used to jam on Fort Ord long before the Monterey Pop Festival occurred.
- Facebook - (February 28) A KION television piece about our gender-neutral restrooms and a new state law helped position us as a leader in progressive values and an example of inclusivity.
- Instagram - (August 18) A message seen on a car window during Move-In Day on August 18: "You otter know we're on our way to CSU Monterey Bay!"
- Twitter - (August 22) The Sierra Club Magazine named our campus a "cool school!
- Facebook - (September 6) President Eduardo M. Ochoa made clear our support of DACA students enrolled at our university.
- Instagram - (October 7) Our volleyball team was getting ready to play Sonoma State.
- Twitter - (August 22) A small wildfire broke out south of campus near Del Rey Oaks just days after a controlled burn.
- Facebook - (February 20) The Monterey County Herald wrote about a student project to help immigrants become citizens.
- Instagram - (November 16) We posted a picture of the "piano tree," a former piece of public art in the forest south of the Quad.
- Twitter - (July 3) We welcomed 150 new citizens to our country during a naturalization service hosted by our local congressman.
- Facebook - (November 26) We discovered one of our founding faculty voiced a character in the movie Coco.
- Instagram - (August 21) Our chief of police wore special glasses during the total solar eclipse.
- Twitter - (November 26) We discovered one of our founding faculty voiced a character in the movie Coco.
- Facebook - (April 20) We have the cleanest air in the nation!
- Instagram - (December 21) Our photo of a frosty sunrise on the Winter Solstice.
- Twitter - (May 4) We celebrated May the Fourth (Be With You) with our iconic Otter logo holding the Death Star.
- Facebook - (July 17) A post about our electric vehicles stations on "Monterey Bay Monday" that featured our sea otter logo.
- Instagram - (November 12) A picture of our mascot, Monte Rey, walking on the beach asking about the Veterans' Day weekend.
- Twitter - (February 28) A KION television piece about our gender-neutral restrooms and a new state law helped position us as a leader in progressive values and an example of inclusivity.
- Facebook - (June 4) We featured Ryan Scott, an alum who went from our kinesiology major to working for NASA, including working on payloads aboard the SpaceX launch later that year in Florida.
- Instagram - (December 4) The announcement of the city of Seaside's proposed "Campus Town" development south of campus lead to a presentation at our Student Center.