California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB) will hold its 23rd commencement ceremony on Friday May 17, and Saturday May 18, 2019 at Freeman Stadium. Commencement has expanded to three ceremonies over two days in order to accommodate the largest graduating class in CSUMB’s history.
- 2,348: Total number of candidates for graduation.
- 2,012: Number of bachelor’s degrees to be conferred.
- 295: Number of master's degrees to be conferred.
- 2,566: Miles away from furthest graduates hometown (New York).
- 9,568: Miles away from furthest international student home country (Kenya).
- 82: Student-athletes in the graduating class.
- 9,000: Programs printed.
- 6,700: Parking spaces.
23: Veterans in the graduating class.
30: Police and other public safety personnel on duty.
19: Students named Daniel in the graduating class.
25: Majors represented (most popular: psychology, 249 graduates; kinesiology, 204; business administration, 255).
23: Students named Maria in the graduating class.
24: States represented in the graduating class.
13: Graduates celebrating birthdays on the day of commencement.
35: Countries represented in the graduating class (furthest: Kenya, Malaysia and India).
3: Number of ceremonies (Friday, May 17 at 3:30 p.m.., College of Science and College of Education; Saturday, May 18 at 9:30 a.m., College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Saturday, May 18 at 3:30 p.m., College of Business and College of Health Sciences and Human Services.
Some numbers are approximate.
Published May 10, 2019.