The Master of Social Work (MSW) Program at California State University, Monterey Bay is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and offers both part- time and full-time program options in completing a total of 60 units. Our course schedule accommodates working students with classes from 4p.m. – 10 p.m., and 960 hours of field education spread over two academic years.
Our MSW program highlights include:
· Highly qualified, multicultural,multilingual, diverse and prepared students
· Curriculum that is responsive to the realities of social work practice, reflective of the strengths of our region’s communities and informed through reciprocal learning relationships with community partners
· Outstanding, experienced, committed faculty,engaged in the classroom and community
· Graduates with 100% job placement rates
· Alumni who are transformative leaders in agencies and communities and who will shape the culture of social work practice in the region
· Special emphasis on serving the region’s many Latino communities
Our students train in dynamic human service organizations such as hospitals, non-profit agencies, prisons, county behavioral health, child welfare and social service departments, and schools.
Applications to the MSW program for Fall 2016 will be accepted starting on October 1, 2015. Priority Application Deadline is January 31st. We encourage you to apply early so as to complete the dual application process. Please request transcripts early from all non-CSUMB colleges and community colleges. Visit our application page to learn about prerequisites, admission requirements, important deadlines and the application process.
Information sessions about the program and admission requirements will be held from 4-5pm in Valley Hall (Building 82) Suite B Conference Room on the CSUMB campus on these Mondays:
October 5, 2015
November 2, 2015
December 7, 2015
January 11, 2016
February 8, 2016
Reservations are not needed.
Students describe the elements of the MSW program they find most important - internship opportunities, their classmates, the professors, and program's integration with the community.
The MSW program at CSU Monterey Bay (CSUMB) is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). CSUMB is a Hispanic-serving institution (Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities). The California Mental Health Services Act (Proposition 63) has provided funding to support the Master of Social Work program at California State University, Monterey Bay to meet the needs of the regional workforce.