- 12-11-15 MLEL Postdoctoral Scientist Dr. Michael Navarro's squid research featured in CSUMB news.
- 12-01-15 Applications are now being accepted for undergraduate student research positions through the CSUMB Ocean Science REU program.
- 09-13-15 Dr. Garza receives Polar Science funding from the National Science Foundation.
- 09-01-15 Dr. Garza publishes new article in the Marine Technology Society Journal. Link
- 08-14-15 CSUMB Ocean Science REU featured in CSUMB news. Link
- 07-23-15 MLEL undergraduate student Madison Heard's REU experience featured in CSUMB news.
- 07-15-15 MLEL graduate student Ashley Quackenbush's work featured in CSU Science Blog. Link
- 05-15-15 MLEL undergraduate student Cristina Villalobos awarded NSF Graduate Research Fellowship.
- 04-14-15 MLEL graduate student Sean Windell awarded Sea Grant State Fellowship.
- 11-14-14 MLEL graduate student Patrick Mulcahy's research featured on new MARINE blog. Link
- 09-23-14 Dr. Garza presents keynote speech at Consortium for Ocean Leadership Ocean Science Educators Retreat.
- 04-26-14 MLEL students Sean Windell and Griffin Srednick take home presentation awards at Sanctuary Currents Symposium. Link
- 03-01-14 Dr. Garza publishes article on the impacts of Asian shore crab predation on Long Island Sound intertidal communities. Link
- 02-10-14 Dr. Garza receives funding from the National Science Foundation to implement the Monterey Bay Regional Ocean Science Research Experiences for Undergraduates.
- 01-14-14 Dr. Garza publishes new book on the science of Long Island Sound. Link
- 10-14-13 MLEL students take top honors at SACNAS National Conference.
- 01-16-13 MLEL to host CSU COAST Marine Geospatial Workshop.
- 11-16-12 MLEL helps launch Ocean Opportunities website and mentoring network. Link
- 09-01-12 Dr. Garza begins tenure as part of the Secretariat for the Western Society of Naturalists.
- 03-12-12 MLEL Sea Grant research featured on CSU Science Blog. Link
- 02-24-12 MLEL graduate student Scott Toews featured on CSU Science Blog. Link
- 01-18-12 MLEL to host CSU COAST Marine Geospatial Network.
- 11-01-11 Dr. Garza receives USC Sea Grant funding to conduct research on the value of incorporating intertidal habitat into the designs of MPAs.
- 11-01-11 MLEL graduate student Scott Toews selected California Sea Grant State Fellow.
- 09-08-11 Dr. Garza publishes article on GIS modeling of market squid habitat. Link
- 09-01-11 Podcast interview with Dr. Garza for SACNAS Biography Project. Link
- 08-15-11 Dr. Garza receives funding from the National Science Foundation to study landscape based drivers of disturbance in rocky intertidal communities.
- 04-18-11 MLEL undergraduate Maren Mitch receives CSUMB Provost Award for Academic Excellence.
- 04-09-11 MLEL graduate student Scott Toews takes top prize in graduate student presentation competition at Sanctuary Currents Symposium. Link
- 04-01-11 MLEL graduate student Scott Toews awarded Kevin Gurr Scholarship from the American Academy of Underwater Sciences.
- 10-21-10 MLEL undergraduate Maren Mitch takes top prize in Marine Biology poster competition at SACNAS National Conference.
- 09-29-10 Dr. Garza publishes new paper on GIS modeling of rockfish habitat associations. Link
- 05-01-10 Dr. Garza publishes new paper on landscape based drivers of species boundaries in intertidal systems. Link
- 04-06-10 Dr. Garza on VOA radio discussing the value of underwater parks in California. Link
- 03-01-10 Dr. Garza publishes new paper on sea star foraging. Link