The CSUMB Library Mission is to help prepare knowledgeable, resourceful and responsible citizens for California and the global community by facilitating active exploration, discovery and synthesis of information.
Strategic library goals
To achieve this mission the following six goals have been identified:
- Access: To provide rapid and broad access to information in a variety of formats by actively and rapidly adopting tools and technologies for patrons and library staff in support of CSUMB's interdisciplinary curriculum.
- Collection: To commit to continuous examination of the fundamental premises of the library's Collection Development Policy in light of both new and evolving programs at CSUMB.
- Environment: To create physical and virtual environments that promote community through active learning, research, communication, and the exchange of ideas in both public and staff areas.
- Information Literacy: To promote information literacy throughout/across the community by encouraging the critical and ethical use of library resources.
- Partnerships: To initiate library partnerships within the University and to help promote positive relationships for the Library and the University throughout the surrounding communities.
- Services: To offer timely and comprehensive services to library patrons as a reflection of our commitment to constant improvement and quality in all that we do.