The Interlibrary Loan Service provides CSUMB students, staff and faculty access to books, journals, and other materials that are not owned by the CSUMB Library.
OneSearch is for ordering books & media from other CSUs that we do not own. From the library home page, search OneSearch and select "Books & Media (All CSU)" from the dropdown menu before clicking on search.
ILLiad is used for ordering books not owned by the CSUs and for ordering all articles from journals not owned at CSUMB.
- You must be a current CSUMB student, faculty, or staff member to use these services. In order to pick up books that you have requested on Interlibrary Loan or OneSearch, you must also be a registered Library borrower. Ordered items may be picked up at the library circulation desk. You must bring your CSUMB ID card to pick up materials.
- If ordering a common book title you may want to try searching OneSearch and select "Books and Media (ALL CSU)" to determine whether the item is owned at another CSU library and can be requested through OneSearch. If not available within the CSU system you may use ILLiad to order all other items.
- Users will be notified by electronic mail when requested items are ready for pickup in the CSUMB Library. Books will be returned to the lending library if not picked up. When received, articles will be made available as PDF files for retrieval from the ILLiad website by users. Users can log into their ILLiad account, go to View Electronically Delivered Articles and click on the PDF link to view any article from your list. Articles not viewed or retrieved from the website within 30 days will automatically be deleted. We recommend saving the PDF to another location so that they do not automatically get deleted from the ILLiad server.
- Average turnaround time for Interlibrary Loan requests is generally 1-5 working days for journal articles and 2-10 working days for books. Hard to locate items may take longer.
- Users may check on the status of all of their interlibrary loan requests at any time via their OneSearch or ILLiad user accounts. To see the status of a particular request you will need to log into the appropriate account for the system you used when ordering items.
- For more information about these services contact us via electronic mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NOTICE The Library generally only borrows and lends videos from within the CSU system. Exceptions are made.
- CSUMB Faculty members who desire videos for classroom viewing should first consult the Library's existing video collection for appropriate titles. Faculty may also wish to contact their librarian subject selectors to inquire about the possibility of purchasing videos, CDs and other media for classroom instruction or the Library collection.
- Rebecca Bergeon, Interlibrary Loan Services Email: email@example.com (831) 582-4325 Bldg. 508, Room 3138