Hold & recall books
When a library item is checked out any CSUMB registered patron can request a hold. A hold may be placed on any circulating item except those from Course Reserves and Library Media. After the item is returned, the person requesting the hold will be notified when the item is ready for pick up.
Only CSUMB students, faculty, and staff have the option to recall a book. The Library will notify the patron who has the item checked out that it is needed by another person and request its return. After the item is returned, the person requesting the recall will be notified when the item is ready for pick up. All library items are subject to recall.
How to place a hold or recall:
- Find the book you want in the CSUMB Library Catalog.
- Click on Place a Hold or Recall an Item in the right-side box.
- Log in with your CSUMB username and password and your last name.
- Click on either Hold or Recall.
- Press "Submit your request."
If you have any questions or problems, please call the Circulation Desk at 831-582-3733 during business hours.