Assistive Technology Room
The Accessible Technology Room located in the Reference area makes available to CSUMB students, faculty and staff technologies with persons with special needs. CSUMB students with disabilities have priority on the equipment. For questions about assistive technologies refer to the campus Student Disability Resources assistive technology website or phone (831) 582-3672.
- 2 Desktop Windows PC computers with adjustable desks.
- 1 Epson scanner for assistive documents only.
- 1 Topaz XL magnifier machine.
- Kurzweil and Zoomtext for text enlargement and vocalization.
- Duxbury Braille Translator.
- Campus computer loadset (see IT website for details).
- Priority use of the equipment is given to CSUMB students, faculty, and staff identified by Student Disability Resources as requiring assistive technologies.
- 5 minutes before the library closes activities must stop.
- Use of any of the equipment cannot be started 10 minutes before the library closes.
- Users may not install any software on the computers.
- Users are subject to compliance with CSUMB and Library policies on conduct and noise.