About LS Department
The Mission of the Liberal Studies Department is
- to provide instruction and opportunities that prepare students for future careers, for life-long learning, and for becoming well-educated individuals.
- to lead the collaboration with other departments, programs, and institutions, on and off campus.
- to provide a broad-based, interdisciplinary liberal arts curriculum to students.
- to develop action-oriented students who successfully advocate for multiculturalism, multicultural education, pluralism, diversity, and social and ecological justice.
- to foster students' skills in ethical reflection and critical thinking and in considering the contexts of histories, families, cultures, and communities in their interactions and practice with children, adults, and institutions and ecological systems.