Graduate admission requirements
For students who have completed the equivalent of four-year US Bachelor’s degree and pursing a master's degree, credential, or certificate program.
All admissions requirements must be met by the end of the term/semester prior to enrollment. No summer coursework is allowed for eligibility purposes for Fall terms. All documents must be submitted in their original language and as certified English translations. Each program offerings vary on admissions requirements, course information, and program length.
- Must have a GPA of 2.5 overall or in the last 60 units completed - some programs required higher GPA's
- Official university or college transcript (official record of marks/scores/grades)
- GRE or GMAT, depending on major
- Some programs require subject tests, secondary application information, resume, letters of recommendation and statement of purpose
English proficiency requirement
The English proficiency requirement can be satisfied by any of the following:
- Duolingo score of 105
- iBT TOEFL score of 80, or paper-based score of 550
- IELTS score of 6.5
- PTE score of 65
- Attending a school full-time where English was the primary language of instruction for at least three years immediately preceding admission to CSUMB
There may be alternate options for proving English proficiency. Contact International Admissions to discuss your situation.