Skip to content
  • CSUMB Home
  • International

How to Apply

Thank you for your interest in applying to CSUMB as an international or NSE student! To ensure that you follow the correct application procedure, please select the appropriate program below.

  • Bachelor's Degree: For students interested in pursuing their undergraduate degree at CSUMB. Typically takes four years for a first time freshman and two years for an upper division transfer student.
  • Master's Degree, Credential, or Certificate: For students who possess a bachelor's degree and want to pursue a master's, credential, or certificate program at CSUMB. Time required to complete varies by program.
  • Semester or Year: For visiting international exchange, fee-paying, or National Student Exchange (NSE) students. Students can join CSUMB for one or two semesters.
  • American Language & Culture Program (ALCP): For students wishing to improve their English for admission to CSUMB or for personal gain. Time to complete the program may be anywhere from four weeks to one year depending on the student's goals.
Important datesAdmissions requirementsProgram fees

Want to be kept up-to-date? Complete the interest form!

International Student Interest Form


Bachelor's or master's degree applicants:

Semester/year applicants:

ALCP applicants:

Or call +1 831-582-4778

Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm Pacific Standard Time

ASR and FSR Notices of Availability

Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the 2019 Annual Security Report (ASR) is now available for viewing at The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for CSU Monterey Bay for 2016, 2017, and 2018. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Officer located at Ocean Hall, Bldg #86, B101, by sending an e-mail to, or by calling (831) 582-3154.

The Annual Fire Safety Report (FSR) is also available through Student Housing & Residential Life (SHRL) and is available for viewing at The report contains information regarding fire safety, how to report a fire, community response to a fire incident, and fire statistics for on-campus student residential facilities for 2016, 2017, and 2018. If you would like to receive hard copies of this information, you can stop by the SHRL front desk in the Student Center, Bldg #12, send an e-mail to, or call (831) 582-3378.

International Programs

(831) 582-4778
Gavilan Hall