The Otter Buddy Program matches local CSUMB students with international CSUMB students in order to promote intercultural friendship and awareness
The Otter Buddy Program includes a mutual agreement to share personal reflection (e.g. culture shock, political issues) as well as participate in activities together. The commitment is for one academic semester.
All Participants MUST AGREE to the following criteria:
- Actively participate in the program for the duration of the academic semester.
- Spend time with your buddy at least twice a month.
- Be accessible via email or phone
- Respect your buddy’s time and other obligations
- Respect your buddy’s political and/or religious views
- Respect all CSUMB rules and laws of California and the US
- Keep in mind, your buddy may not be fluent in English and is here to learn English.