Exchange application steps
Exchange places with a CSUMB student and study at Cal State Monterey Bay! University Partner Exchange and National Student Exchange (NSE) allows you to study abroad up to one year.
This program requires a nomination from your home university of sponsor organization. Please contact your coodinator or sponsor in regards to the nomination process before completing this application.
Step 1: Review admission requirements
Step 2: Register for a CSUMB Horizons account
Create a personal account on CSUMB Horizons application system and submit your registration.
Step 3: Complete application form
- Select "CSUMB Incoming Programs" and "Apply for" your specific program
- Select your exchange or sponsored program, then your university
- If you do not see your university, select "Semester@ CSUMB" and leave the university section blank
- Complete the application and upload all required documents
Upload all required documents to Horizons:
- Special billing or invoice request. Complete this form if your university will be paying any fees (housing, meal plan, health insurance, etc).
Please note: You will receive regular communications from our office throughout the application process. Please regularly check the email you provided.
For questions in regards to the application process, please reach out to the International Programs office via email or call +1 (831) 582-4778. We are available Monday-Friday from 8 am - 5 pm (Pacific Standard Time).