The Entrepreneurship Forum is a series of talks, held once each semester, on subjects related to the practice of entrepreneurship. The forums are held jointly by the CSU Monterey Bay College of Business, the Institute for Innovation and Economic Development, and the CSU Monterey Bay Small Business Development Center. They are open to students, faculty, and members of the community at no charge.
The forums provide an opportunity for students and aspiring entrepreneurs to hear from professional and experience people from the field, and learn from their stories. In addition to a short talk by each panel member, there is ample opportunity for audience members to ask questions of the panel. Forums are held as special topics arise.
Institute of Innovation and Economic Development at California State University Monterey Bay offers Advanced Research Symposiums and workshops geared towards domestic and international researchers, postdoctoral fellows, visiting scholars and professionals in the areas of innovation, entrepreneurship, management strategies, economic development, economic policies, non-profit management and research methods.
The research projects and symposiums are focused on the topics of:
- Regional and global economic development
- Policy, regulation and law of economic development
- Innovation and entrepreneurship trends
- Frontier of leadership and management
- Venture forming and financial strategy
- Innovation process and new business models
The workshops are focused on hands-on research design and implementation, covering:
- Current issues of innovation and economic development
- Research methods and case studies of innovation and economic development
- Research design and data analysis
- Research publication preparation and strategies
The program collaborates with local governments, non-profit organizations and Silicon Valley corporations to provide guest speakers, industry tours and focus groups. The program is sponsored by organization such as Steinbeck Innovation Cluster, Peking University, California Institute for Global Education, Joint Venture Monterey Bay and Monterey Bay Business Council.