Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the freshman/sophomore live-on requirement has been temporarily waived for the 2021-2022 academic year. We expect this be reimplemented for the 2022-2023 academic year.
For 2021-2022 housing, unless approved for a vaccination exemption, residents are required to be immunized for COVID-19.
Fall 2021 Move-In: August 20-21, 2021
Steps for your upcoming move in:
1) Read your CSUMB email and sign up for your Check-In Time
Our team is working hard to prepare for campus repopulation and move-in. You will hear from us via your CSUMB email. If you have a housing assignment please watch for information regarding signing up for your check-in appointment time. This should be coming to you in early August.
Action Item: Ensure your first payment for housing and meal plan is paid in full by July 30, 2021 OR that your Financial Aid will cover your first payment in full.
Action Item: Once you receive instruction via emails, you will need to sign up for your check-in time on your MyHousing portal.
2) Arrive on campus
Due to social distance guidelines, you must arrive during your time slot only.
Please follow all Social Distance guidelines. All residents are required to be vaccinated, or have an approved exemption, to move into housing. Those who are not fully vaccinated must continue to wear a mask and social distance. For vaccine and COVID guideline information please see CSUMB Guidelines.
- Drive to the Parking Lot 59, located on Main Campus, at 7th Ave and A Street.
The only vehicle that will proceed to the check in tables is the vehicle that you, the CSUMB resident, will be riding in. The resident moving in, should be riding in the small vehicle (non-trailer, non-moving truck).
If you are bringing a moving truck/trailer or multiple cars: Main Quad assignments with additional vehicles will be guided to a waiting area. For Promontory, North Quad, and East Campus assignments, please have additional vehicles go directly to the drop off site. Large moving trucks and trailers are not permitted in Lot 59.
We recommend only bringing one car to move-in.
- Relax in your vehicle and have your CSUMB OtterCard and QR Code (above) ready when you enter the parking lot.
- You will be directed to the appropriate check-in line where you will meet Student Houisng and Residential Life staff, ready to check you in
Please Note: If you have not paid your first housing installment and/or are not fully enrolled in Fall 2021 courses, you will not be able to receive your keys until these items are settled.
- After getting checked-in, you will be directed to your area on where to unload your vehicles via CSUMB email.
- You will receive specific instructions for your area on where to unload your vehicles via CSUMB email.
- You must have a valid parking permit for every vehicle parked on campus. Permits will be available August 1st. Learn more at Parking Service site.
3) Move into your space
Action Item: When you arrive at your assignment, please inspect the space. Any damages should be noted on your ERCI via MyHousing.
- Meet you Resident Advisor, who will be in your community to greet you and help you feel welcome.
- Get ready for Otter Days!
What to Bring and What not to bring
Packing can be overwhelming so here is a list of items to bring and what not to bring. Remember you can always have more stuff sent to you or you can pick it up when you go back home for a visit.
Be sure to follow our social media accounts to stay up to date on all things Move-In related!